Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy
Rural dermatological problems are bit different from urban areas. This department caters three different services (dermatology, venereology, leprology) under one umbrella. The faculty members not only conduct patient care services but also initiate preventive programs. We have a very good OPD and ward with facilities for isolating infective patients. We have an excellent side lab, well-trained technician, so that we do all the side lab procedures in dermatology, leprosy, venereology.
We have adequate OP (more than 100 patients/ day) and IP strength (average 15- 20 patients) by which UGs and other department PGs are benefitted.
- To involve ourselves in community services through health education.
- To involve actively in National programmes like NLEP, NACO etc.,
- To pursue research works along with other clinical and para- clinical departments
- To innovate newer modalities of cosmetic surgeries.
- To strengthen the UG and PG curriculum activities, by conducting seminar and journal clubs for UGs and PGs.
- To conduct periodical CMEs, workshop, webinar, state and southzone conferences in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology.
- To prepare the UGs and CRRIs for the competitive exams- NEET
Message from HOD
On behalf of our institution we are responsible for upgrading the academic level of all undergraduate students in the field of dermatology, venereology, leprology and to improve the therapeutic approach for the benefit of patients. We are planning to start PG courses and cosmetic dermatology courses, and skin bank.
GOAL OF THE DEPARTMENT
To create a competent and responsible health care system in dermatology by strengthening the medical knowledge, patient services and research activities.
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Faculties with more than decades of teaching experience
- Well experienced lab technician with good skills to perform side- lab procedures
- ICTC – with an efficient counsellor and trained lab technician.
- Junior faculties to assist and take care of the patients.