Aim & Goal Of The Department
- To provide major impact on physical, emotional and mental health and social well being of children and their families
- To reduce the high neonatal mortality rate that prevails throughout this region and to prevent those hazards of the fetus and newborn infant which produce long term handicaps in children
- To impart knowledge, skills and competencies in child health to diverse providers, students ensuring specialty based evidence driven and state of art pediatric care at individual and community level
- To provide a concise, simple, profusely experienced medical knowledge of contemporary pediatrics, relevant to the developing world.
- To give special attention in common tropical problems such as nutritional deficiencies, diarrhea, TB and other frequent infections, parasitic infections and immunization.
- Our accent is to teach students on priorities over clinical aspects and latest information rather than on rare conditions and outdated theoretical discussions.
Message from HOD
The Department of Pediatrics aims at providing preventive, curative and rehabilitation services to the pediatric and adolescent population up to 18 years. Our department is unique in identifying and treating physically and mentally challenged children to give them a sustained rehabilitative and occupational therapy. Our sustained effort in this field has gained appreciation from all quarters of our society. Our chairman has been taking immense efforts in the welfare of the deprived children and upliftment of marginalized population. Our department is committed to provide 24×7 services to all pediatric patients who are in need, including state of the art NICU and PICU services.
Our field of research in Social Pediatrics, Neonatology and Pediatrics has gained publication in national and international journals.
We are working to take up academic activities to international standards so that our students achieve laurels in post-graduation as well as research program.