Aim/Goal of the Department
- To become a forefront of excellence in anesthesia clinical practice both inside and outside the operation theatre complex
- To provide superior education for residents and fellows in the medical discipline
- To become a pioneer in medical research
- To provide consistent care of highest quality to all patients irrespective of their background
- To nurture the future physicians through the innovative use of technology and simulation
- Commitment to advancing the specialty through relentless pursuit of innovation and research endeavors.
Message from HOD
We the department of Anesthesiology are catering services beyond the operation theatre like sedation for MRI & CT scans , mechanical ventilation management in ICU, management of poisoning cases and trauma cases in ICU, central venous cannulations in dialysis wards & burns ward and pain relief procedures for patients with chronic pain. Almost all kind of surgeries are performed including General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Urology, Plastic Surgery, Dental Surgery, Neurosurgery and Cardiovascular Surgery. Presently there are 20 faculties in the department with 1 Professors, 3 Associate Professors, 7 Assistant Professors, 4 Senior Residents and 6 Junior Residents. Regular academic classes for 7th semester MBBS students are taken. The MBBS students return back in 8th or 9th semester for a two week clinical posting during which they observe the practical aspects of Anesthesia procedures.
The CRRIs are given full hands on training of various Anesthesia procedures during their two week internship in Anesthesia. Regular training programs are held to teach Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation to various healthcare workers. The department takes pride for having hosted the South Zone ISA Conference in August 2017. All the faculties of the department thus stand united to uplift the medical field and the institution. We are glad to inform that from the year 2020 onwards six postgraduate students have been admitted in our department.