Name and Affiliation
|Chairperson||Dr. S. Revathy, Dean|
|Vice Chairperson & Head||Dr. P. Thirumalaikolundusubramanian, Professor of Medicine and Head IRB|
|External Advisors||Dr. S.P. Thiyagarajan, Dean – Research, Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
Dr. B. Venkatachalapathy, Dean – Research, SRM Group of Institutions, Ramapuram, Chennai
|Research Faculty & Members||Dr. N. Prabhusaran, Research Faculty
Dr. A. Sundhararajan, Research Faculty
|Executive Members||Dr. C. Gnanavelraja, Asso. Prof. of Anatomy|
|Dr. N. Swarnalatha, Asso. Prof. of Physiology|
|Dr. R. Thamarai, Asso. Prof. of Biochemistry|
|Dr. A. Anupriya, Asso. Prof. of Microbiology|
|Dr. S. Priya Banthavi, Asso. Prof. of Pathology|
|Dr. K. Vasanthira, Professor of Pharmacology|
|Dr. Ramchandra Goyal, Head, Community Health Services|
|Dr. D. Baba, Professor of Ophthalmology|
|Dr. S. Revwathy, Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Dr. B. Jenitha, Asso. Prof. of Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Dr. K. Muthukumar, Professor of Pediatrics|
|Dr. T. Karunaharan, Professor of Surgery|
|Dr. U. Jayasimharaj, Professor of Dentistry|
|Dr. K. Sivakumar, Professor of Medicine|
|Dr. S. Sivaraman, Professor of Psychiatry|
|Dr. R. Rajalakshmi, Asso. Prof. of Dermatology|
|Dr. Deodatt M. Suryawanshi, Asso. Prof. of Comm. Med.|
|Dr. N. Vijay, Asso. Prof. of Orthopedics|
|Dr. Santham Sweet Rose, Professor of Nursing|
- Conducting training programs on research to faculty, residents, research scholars, postgraduate and undergraduate students for pursuing research.
- Analyzing, approving, reviewing and forwarding research proposals submitted by students, research scholars and faculty members to IEC or IAEC.
- Promoting faculty members, research scholars, postgraduate and undergraduate students to participate and present research observations in the national and international conferences/ seminars/ symposia/ CMEs etc.
- Encouraging faculty members for Ph.D. registration in Medical and health sciences.
- Motivating faculty members, research scholars, postgraduate and undergraduate students to publish research papers in peer-reviewed research journals.
- Screening publications for plagiarism using an internet based anti-plagiarism software.
- Maintaining archives of research publications from TSRMMCHRC.
- Resolving conflicts with regards to research works and publications.
IRB meetings (2017 to 2020)
|Year||No. of meetings||Date||Total proposals presented||No. of Proposals Presented|
|Designation||Name and Affiliation|
|Dr. G. Ravikumar, Professor and Head of Plastic Surgery, Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur|
|Member Secretary||Dr. S.D. Nalinakumari, Professor of Anatomy, TSRMMCH&RC, Trichy|
|Dr. S. Narkunaraja, Professor of Biomedical Sciences, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli|
|Dr. K. Sheik Fareeth, Assistant Professor of Social Work, Jamal Mohamed College, Tiruchirapalli|
|Legal Adviser||Lr. M. Krishnawamy, Advocate, No. 22, Ramalinga Nagar, Tiruchirapalli|
|Lay Person||Mr. IP. Premkumar, No. 20, Annai Nagar, Irungalur, Tiruchirapalli|
|Members||Dr. K. Vasathira, Professor of Pharmacology|
|Dr. C. Gunasekaran, Professor of Pediatrics|
|Dr. S. Padma, Professor of Surgery|
|Dr. R. Pramila, Professor of Pathology|
|Dr. S. Prabhusankar, Professor of Medicine|
|Dr. K. Hemalatha, Associate Professor of Community Medicine|
- IEC meets once in three months and looks into the research proposals forwarded to it by the IRC.
- Decisions are communicated to research scholars and committee members.
- IEC also looks into various ethical issues brought by/ related to patients, projects and publications.
- Communication, files and documents related to IEC are maintained at Institutional Research Board.
Details of meetings done and Number of project proposals approved (meeting wise)
|Year||No. of meetings conducted||Date||Year wise total||No. of IEC certificates issued|
Minutes and Recommendations made in the last IEC meeting
- The IEC made the following recommendation
- Prior to sending the research proposals to IEC, they should be approved by institutional research board.
- Faculty / Students should present the proposal to IEC, along with the respective guide.
- The Principal Investigator showed presents the proposals.
- The progress of the research should be regularly reviewed and monitored once IEC issues a certificate to proceed with the research.
- In case of delay in completion extension of time should be sought and obtained from IEC.
|Designation||Name and Affiliation|
|Chairperson & Biological Scientist||Dr. A. Jesudoss, Dean, Trichy SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Tiruchirapalli|
|Member Secretary and Scientist Incharge for Animal House facility||Dr. S.K Vasanthira, Professor and Head of Pharmacology, TSRMMCH&RC, Tiruchirapalli|
|Scientist from different Biological Discipline||Dr. G. Vazhavandal, Associate Professor and Microbiology, TSRMMCH&RC, Tiruchirapalli|
|Scientist from different Biological Discipline||Dr. Nachal Annamalai, Professor and Head of Physiology, TSRMMCH&RC, Tiruchirapalli|
|Veterinarian||Dr. A. Jothiraj, Veterinary Medical Officer, TSRMMCH&RC, Tiruchirapalli|
|Main nominee of CPCSEA||Dr. D. Kannan, Associate Professor of Laboratory Animal Medcine, veterinary College and Research Institute, Namakkal – 637 002
9443275492; [email protected]
|Link Nominee of CPCSEA||Dr. TR. Jayakrishnan, 41, C.S. Nagar IV street, Krishnapuram Colony, Madurai
9488586215; [email protected]
|Scientist from outside the Institute, Nominee by CPCSEA||Dr. P. Thirupathy Kumaresan, 39/2, Ashok Nagar, Thirumangalam, Madurai
9894291871; [email protected]
|Socially Aware Nominee by CPCSEA||Dr. V. Valliappan, President and Chief Veterinary Surgeon, Prani Mithran (Trust of AW & protection) 28, Vasantha Nagar, 2nd Street, Madurai
9842166533; [email protected]
Details of IAEC meeting done and number of project proposals approved (2017 – 2018)
|Year||No. of meetings conducted||Date||Total No. of research proposals presented||No. of IAEC certificates issued|
|1||Chairperson||Dr. S. Revwathy, Dean|
|2||Vice Chairperson||Dr. A. Uma, Vice Principal|
|3||Member Secretary||Dr. G. Bala Madeliti , Professor of Forensic Medicine|
|4||Coordinator||Dr. N. Prabhusaran, Research Faculty, IRB|
|5||Members||Dr. C. Gnanavelraja, Associate Professor of Anatomy|
|6||Dr. N. Swarnalatha, Associate Professor of Physiology|
|7||Dr. A. Velayutharaj, Associate Professor of Biochemistry|
|8||Dr. R. Suganya, Associate Professor of Pathology|
|9||Dr. Deodatt Madhav Suryawanshi, Asso. Prof. of Comm. Med.|
|10||Dr. L. Manivannan, Physical Director|
|11||Dr. P. Sivakumar, Associate Professor of General Medicine|
|12||Dr. T. R. Rajalakshmi, Associate Professor of Dermatology|
|13||Dr. V. Tamilarasan, Associate Professor of Radio Diagnosis|
|14||Dr. Dhivya Sethuraman, Asso. Prof. of Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|15||Dr. S. Vishnu Kumar, Associate Professor of General Surgery|
|16||Dr. G. Samynathan, Associate Professor of Orthopedics|
|17||Dr. D. Vijayalakshmi, Professor of Dentistry|
|18||Dr. T. Sankar, Asst. Prof. of Chemistry, TRP Engineering College|
|19||Dr. Thilak, Asso. Prof. of Mechanical Engg, TRP Engg College|
|20||Legal Advisor||Mr. L. Krishnasamy, Advocate, No. 22, Ramalinga Nagar, Triuchirapalli|
|21||Biomedical Engineer||Mr. Dilipan, TSMMCH&RC|
|22||Layman/ Community Representative||Mr. I. P. Premkumar, No.20, Annai Nagar, Bangalmedu, Opp CSI Higher Secondary School, Irungalur, Tiruchirapalli|
Functional modalities of IPR cell
- The cell functions autonomously from the premises of IRB.
- Monthly meetings are held on the fourth working day of every month for IPR related issues.
- The IPR cell acts as the interface between the Principal investigator (PI) and the Patent/ copyright attorney.
- Procedure for processing the proposed patent is clearly in place.
- IPR awareness Workshops/ Conferences/ Short term Courses are organized annually.
- External research scholars should get no objection from IPR cell for processing their patents.