The department of Pharmacology has an annual intake of 150 undergraduate students and 2 Postgraduate students. In addition, interested candidates also pursue Post Doctoral Programmes (PhD) under the affiliation of SRM University, Kaatangulathur. The department conducts seminars, guest lectures, symposiums and teaching programmes on a regular basis to enable students to update themselves in this ever changing discipline of Pharmacology. In addition, active participation of the students is also encouraged under the guidance of eminent fraternity if this domain, thus equipping them to become good academicians in the future, with a sound knowledge and adequate skills in the various aspects of Pharmacology.
AWARDS, CONFERENCES CONDUCTED OR ATTENDED:
- Dr.K.Vasanthira has participated in the Curriculum Implementation Support Program II (online) held from 4th & 5th Sep 2020, Conducted by the MEU, Trichy SRM Medical College.
- Dr.T.Nivethitha conducted IInd MBBS Pharmacology Practical and VIVA Voce Examination on 03.03.2020 as External Examiner at Government Sivagangai Medical College. Sivagangai.
- Dr.S.Vijayarangan, MD., Associate Professor of SRM Medical College, Trichy College has carried out the university assignment conduct of MBBS practical exam & Viva –Voce of January 2020(10.01.2020 to 13.01.2020) at MVJ Medical College & Research Hospital, Bengaluru for Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, Bangalore.
- Dr.S.Vijayarangan, MD., attended duty at K.A.P.V.Govt. Medical College, Trichy in connection with conducting the IInd MBBS Pharmacology Practical and Oral Examination under the Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai-32 held from 16.08.2019 to18.08.2019.
- Dr.K.Vairavel Prakash has won second prize in Poster presentation in the CME on “Geriatric Pharmacology on 24th Sep 2018 conducted by Institute of Pharmacology, MMC, Madurai.
- Madurai Medical College CME –“Gericon-2018 & PG Quiz programme conducted by the Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University.