World AIDS Day on 1 December brings together people from around the world to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS and demonstrate international solidarity in the face of the epidemic. It has become one of the most widely recognized international health days and a key opportunity to raise awareness, commemorate those who have died, and celebrate victories such as increased access to treatment and prevention services. It was first observed more than 30 years ago, progress to prevent and treat HIV. HIV medicines are available to help people with HIV live long, healthy lives and prevent HIV transmission.
SRM TRICHY CAMPUS observed WORLD’S AIDS DAY on 30th November 2019. A number of activities were organized not only to mark the significance of maintaining good health but also for causes & prevention of AIDS. The people were made aware and educated to handle the situation if someone in the family suffers from the disease.
The Institutions joined together to observe the day are:
TRICHY SRM MEDICAL COLLEGE AND RESEARCH CENTER
TRICHY SRM COLLEGE OF NURSING
TRICHY SRM ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCE
- Micro Biology
- Campus Life
Date: 30th November (Actual Date 1st December that falls on Sunday)
Time: 2 to 3.15 p.m., (Saturday)
Venue: BC Roy Hall
Special Guest: Mrs Tamil, Director, Network of Positive People in Trichy &Care and Support Centre for PLHIV (AIDs Survivor & motivational speaker about AIDS )
- Medical Students
Scientific Poster Presentation
- Nursing and AHS Students
Artistic Poster Presentation
Essay Writing on the Topic- “எய்ட்ஸ் ஒழிப்பில் மாணவர்களின் பங்கு”
- Mime program on AIDS awareness
TRICHY SRM COLLEGE OF NURSING HAS PERFORMED
PROGRAM EXECUTION DETAILS
- A circular has been sent to all the Institution regarding the competitions through DD office
- The competitions were conducted on 28.11.19 in their respective college.
- Scientific Poster presentation and Slogan Writing competitions- for MBBS students- conducted Dr Anupriya, Microbiologist,
- Artistic Poster Presentation and Essay Writing- for AHS students- conducted by D Manimegalai, Campus Life Coordinator
- Artistic Poster Presentation and Essay writing competitions for Nursing students- Mrs Saranya, Asst.Prof Nursing
- All the essay writing corrections and posters judgements would be done by Dr.Akila, Dermatologist (with the help of her own dept)
- The total number of students participated
- Medical -147(Scientific poster)
- AHS – 30 (Artistic Poster )
36 (Essay writing)
- Nursing – 10 (Artistic poster)
20 (Essay writing)
Based on the score
- Scientific Poster Presentation I Prize- Deivanai II MBBS
II Pitze – Dharaneedaran II MBBS
III Prize- Nishanthaini IIMBBS
- Slogan Writing I Prize- Vishnupriya II MBBS
II Pitze – Srishankari II MBBS
III Prize BharathRagul II MBBS
- Essay Writing I Prize- Monissha I AHS
II Pitze – A.Anjugapandi II Nursing
III Prize R.Princy I AHS
- Artistic Poster I Prize- Herilin janet
II Prize – B Sathya
III Prize Ananthi
- Participants certificate was given to all the pupil those who take part in the competitions
At exactly by 1.30 p.m Rally was stated from TRICHY SRM Lobby in which students have taken banners and placards which contained AIDS Awareness slogans and it was taken inside the hospital. Many patients and visitors have seen the rally. Medical students, Allied Health Science Students and Nursing students Totally 350 students and official have participated in this rally.
Then the formal program was started with Tamilthai vaazhthu at exactly 2.10 p.m., in B C ROY Hall, 2nd Floor TSRMMCHRC, in the Campus. The campus Executive Director Dr S Raghupathy presided over the function, and the Deputy Director Dr N. Balasubramaninyan, Dr.Ramachandra Goyal, Dr.Karthick AMS, TSRMMCH&RC felicitated in this function, the Special guest was Mrs Tamil, Director, Network of Positive People in Trichy &Care and Support Centre for PLHIV (AIDs Survivor & motivational speaker about AIDS). While she was addressing she explained her own obstacles as an AIDS survivor and she strongly insisted that the young people should recognize the effort that is needed for this hour to help and achieve an AIDS-free generation.
The Vice-Principal of the Nursing College, Dr Prabaharan, the Dean Admin Campus, HoDs and faculty of various departments have graced the function. Students from TRICHY SRM College of Nursing have performed a wonderful mime show. After the prize distribution, the program ended with National Anthem.
WHAT WENT ON WELL
- The program started as per schedule.
- All the expected students attended the program
- Works were divided and executed well.
- The Rally was good. All officials joined with us
- The placards with slogans
- Everyone wore AIDS Day symbol – Red ribbon
- The Mime Program
- The strong and excellent address given by the special guest. Apt speech for the apt situation.
- Crowed stayed back till the end of the program.
NEED FOR IMPROVEMENT
- The last-minute chair arrangement
Only one college performed an event during a function.
- More placards are needed for the crowd, students hold only at the front.
- If all the HOIs had attended the rally it would have been better.
Feedback has to be got from students.
- Six students from MLT, AHS, did volunteer work such as placards preparation, ribbon etc.,
- Five students from Nursing helped to invite all the officials and for the reception.