|Designation||Name and Affiliation|
|Chairperson||Dr. A. Jesudoss, Dean|
|Vice Chairperson & Head||Dr. P. Thirumalaikolundusubramanian, Professor of Medicine and Head IRB|
|External Advisors||Dr. S.P. Thiyagarajan, Dean – Research, Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
Dr. B. Venkatachalapathy, Dean – Research, SRM Group of Institutions, Ramapuram, Chennai
|Research Faculty||Dr. N. Prabhusaran, Research Faculty
Dr. A. Sundhararajan, Research Faculty
|Members||Dr. A. Uma, Professor of Microbiology|
|Dr. Ram Chandra Goyal, Professor of Community Medicine|
|Dr. K. Vasanthira, Professor of Pharmacology|
|Dr. R. Pramila, Professor of Pathology|
|Dr. D. Saminathan, Professor of Pediatrics|
|Dr. S.D. Nalinakumari, Professor of Anatomy|
|Dr. Nachal Annamalai, Professor of Physiology|
|Dr. P. Karthik, Professor of Surgery|
|Dr. V.R. Prakash, Professor of Biochemistry|
|Dr. S. Sivaraman, Professor of Psychiatry|
|Dr. K. Sivakumar, Professor of Medicine|
|Dr. Jayasimharaj, Professor of Dentistry|
|Dr. S. Jenitha, Associate Professor of OBG|
|Dr. S. Priya Banthavi, Associate Professor of Pathology|
|Dr. D. Santham Sweet Rose, Professor of Nursing|
|Dr. Suja Suresh, Professor of Nursing|
- Conducting training programs on research to faculty, residents, research scholars, postgraduate and undergraduate students for pursuing research.
- Analyzing, approving, reviewing and forwarding research proposals submitted by students, research scholars and faculty members to IEC or IAEC.
- Promoting faculty members, research scholars, postgraduate and undergraduate students to participate and present research observations in the national and international conferences/ seminars/ symposia/ CMEs etc.
- Encouraging faculty members for Ph.D. registration in Medical and health sciences.
- Motivating faculty members, research scholars, postgraduate and undergraduate students to publish research papers in peer-reviewed research journals.
- Screening publications for plagiarism using an internet based anti-plagiarism software.
- Maintaining archives of research publications from TSRMMCHRC.
- Resolving conflicts with regards to research works and publications.
IRB meetings (2017 and 2020)
|Year||No. of meetings||Date||Total proposals presented||No. of Proposals Presented|
|Designation||Name and Affiliation|
|Chairperson [External]||Dr. G. Ravikumar, Professor and Head of Plastic Surgery, Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur|
|Member Secretary||Dr. S.D. Nalinakumari, Professor of Anatomy
TSRMMCH& RC, Trichy
|Dr. R. Senthamarai, Professor and Principal, Periyar College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tiruchirapalli|
|Dr. J. Josephine Jeba, Assistant Professor of Social Work, Holy Cross College, Tiruchirapalli|
|Legal Adviser||Lr. M. Krishnawamy, Advocate, No. 22, Ramalinga Nagar, Tiruchirapalli|
|Lay Person||Mr. G. Ramamoorthy, No. 7, Sella Tamil Nagar, Tollgate, Tiruchirapalli|
|Members||Dr. P. Thirumalaikolundusubramanian, Professor of General Medicine|
|Member||Dr. K. Hemalatha, Associate Professor of Community Medicine|
|Member||Dr. K. Vasanthira, Professor of Pharmacology|
|Member||Dr. C. Gunasekaran, Professor of Pediatrics|
|Member||Dr. G. Vazhavandal, Asso. Professor of Microbiology|
- IEC meets once in three months and looks into the research proposals forwarded to it by the IRC.
- Decisions are communicated to research scholars and committee members.
- IEC also looks into various ethical issues brought by/ related to patients, projects and publications.
- Communication, files and documents related to IEC are maintained at Institutional Research Board.
Details of meetings done and Number of project proposals approved (meeting wise)
|Year||No. of meetings conducted||Date||Year wise total||No. of IEC certificates issued|
Minutes and Recommendations made in the last IEC meeting
- The IEC made the following recommendation
- Prior to sending the research proposals to IEC, they should be approved by institutional research board.
- Faculty / Students should present the proposal to IEC, along with the respective guide.
- The Principal Investigator showed presents the proposals.
- The progress of the research should be regularly reviewed and monitored once IEC issues a certificate to proceed with the research.
- In case of delay in completion extension of time should be sought and obtained from IEC.
|Designation||Name and Affiliation|
|Chairperson & Biological Scientist||Dr. A. Jesudoss, Dean, Trichy SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Tiruchirapalli|
|Member Secretary and Scientist Incharge for Animal House facility||Dr. S.K Vasanthira, Professor and Head of Pharmacology, TSRMMCH&RC, Tiruchirapalli|
|Scientist from different Biological Discipline||Dr. G. Vazhavandal, Associate Professor and Microbiology, TSRMMCH&RC, Tiruchirapalli|
|Scientist from different Biological Discipline||Dr. Nachal Annamalai, Professor and Head of Physiology, TSRMMCH&RC, Tiruchirapalli|
|Veterinarian||Dr. A. Jothiraj, Veterinary Medical Officer, TSRMMCH&RC, Tiruchirapalli|
|Main nominee of CPCSEA||Dr. D. Kannan, Associate Professor of Laboratory Animal Medcine, veterinary College and Research Institute, Namakkal – 637 002
9443275492; [email protected]
|Link Nominee of CPCSEA||Dr. TR. Jayakrishnan, 41, C.S. Nagar IV street, Krishnapuram Colony, Madurai
9488586215; [email protected]
|Scientist from outside the Institute, Nominee by CPCSEA||Dr. P. Thirupathy Kumaresan, 39/2, Ashok Nagar, Thirumangalam, Madurai
9894291871; [email protected]
|Socially Aware Nominee by CPCSEA||Dr. V. Valliappan, President and Chief Veterinary Surgeon, Prani Mithran (Trust of AW & protection) 28, Vasantha Nagar, 2nd Street, Madurai
9842166533; [email protected]
Details of IAEC meeting done and number of project proposals approved (2017 – 2018)
|Year||No. of meetings conducted||Date||Total No. of research proposals presented||No. of IAEC certificates issued|
|1||Chairperson||Dr. A. Jesudoss, Dean|
|2||Vice Chairperson and Member Secretary||Dr. P. Thirumalaikolundusubramanian, Head of IRB and Professor of Medicine|
|3||Coordinator||Dr. G. Vazhavandal, Associate Professor of Microbiology|
|5||Members||Dr. K. Hemalatha, Asso. Professor of Community Medicine|
|6||Dr. S. Priya Banthavi, Associate Professor of Pathology|
|7||Dr. S. Vijayarangan, Associate Professor of Pharmacology|
|9||Mr. N. Senthilkumar, Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, TRP Engineering College|
|10||Dr. T. Sankar, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, TRP Engineering College|
|12||Consultant/Legal Advisor||Mr. L. Krishnasamy, Advocate, No. 22, Ramalinga Nagar, Triuchirapalli|
|13||Biomedical Engineer||Mr. Dilipan, CMCH&RC|
|14||Layman/ Community Representative||Mr. Ramamoorthy, No. 1 Tolgate, Trichy|
Functional modalities of IPR cell
- The cell functions autonomously from the premises of IRB.
- Monthly meetings are held on the fourth working day of every month for IPR related issues.
- The IPR cell acts as the interface between the Principal investigator (PI) and the Patent/ copyright attorney.
- Procedure for processing the proposed patent is clearly in place.
- IPR awareness Workshops/ Conferences/ Short term Courses are organized annually.
- External research scholars should get no objection from IPR cell for processing their patents.